Sign in to follow this  

Line Support Removed in D3D 10?

This topic is 3319 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, Ive been reading over some of the Dx9 resources and checked the ID3DXLine function, but its support seems to have dropped in d3d 10, I think anyway. I was wondering if microsoft have replaced this with something else? What Im after really is for an object to follow a curve through space and draw the path its taking. Cheers [Edited by - Future0 on November 14, 2008 9:37:35 AM]

yup, as far as I'm aware its gone with D3DX10 [headshake] - I was a little disappointed about the downsizing from D3DX9 to D3DX10 but I get the impression that they've got much higher priorities and a lot of the top-end customers already have equivalent math/mesh/utility libraries so don't need another MS provided one which is fair enough.

Look into using line lists as a regular geometry primitive - for single pixel wide non-patterned lines it'll be fairly straight forward.

hth
Jack

This topic is 3319 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.