My First Game w/Graphics! & An Encouragement to Beginners

Started by
7 comments, last by Ridzilla 15 years, 5 months ago
Source1: download1 Source2: download2 Here are some pictures: link You will need the .dll files here: link. Place them into the game directory. Finally finished my first game with graphics! I used SDL and C++. I had fun making it. Please try it out even if it's a simple game of Tic-Tac-Toe. If you find any bugs please let me know. If you'd like the source let me know. Tips of Encouragement to Other Beginners Like Me 1. Start Small 2. Persist, try again, keep on at it. 3. Take a break if you can't figure something out. Clear your head. 4. Ask for help nicely and actually TRY to solve the problem yourself before asking. 5. Have Fun. [Edited by - ICUP on November 15, 2008 10:51:26 AM]
Advertisement
Heya man, I'm new to game develoment too, thanks for the advice. =)

Yeah so I downloaded your game but it gave me an error saying SDL_image.dll is missing.

If you get this fixed let me know, and I'll be sure to try it out!
Quote:Heya man, I'm new to game develoment too, thanks for the advice. =)

He is spot on. This place will improve the hell out of even the most incorrigible.

Quote:Yeah so I downloaded your game but it gave me an error saying SDL_image.dll is missing.
If you get this fixed let me know, and I'll be sure to try it out!

He doesn't need to fix this-- you are just missing the proper .dll file. In this case, SDL_image.dll, is found here; just down the binary appropriate for yr system. You must then place the .dll file inthe directory in which the executable game file resides.

By the way, Ridzilla, welcome and I hope that this site can help you get a start in game development. Be sure to read the FAQ and all stickies. They will push you in the right direction!

Thanks for your tips. I kinda figured most of them out myself, but they can still be useful.
Hi!

I tried the game, but I just got:

SDLTicTacToe.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The Error Log.txt is empty.

"The right, man, in the wrong, place, can make all the dif-fer-rence in the world..." - GMan, Half-Life 2

A blog of my SEGA Megadrive development adventures: http://www.bigevilcorporation.co.uk

VERY nicely done. Even for just a Tic-Tac-Toe game, this game seems 'polished' to me. Congrats, great job, and keep it up! [grin]

My only pieces of advice are to post some screenshots (at least one); I find that people like it better when they can actually see what they're downloading and to link to SDL_image and SDL_mixer.

Again, great job!
Updated with links to pictures and downloads. Thanks programmer16!
I downloaded your game. But can't open or install it. The file show some errors in it. Anyway thank for the game.
Okay I got your game working after downloading the SDL's. It worked very well man. Sound effects were great, and I loved the art style. Keep up the good work!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement