Sign in to follow this  

Water with dererred rendering

This topic is 3313 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I'm using deferred rendering. And I want to make water rendering working well. I know at the reflection rendering I have to draw the scene from an optional camera that is mirrored from the original one. The refraction one works in that way, except the camera position. So, I render the relected and the refracted scenes into two textures. But I want to make choppy water. If I knew well, It would needs the texcoords to be modified. But the modifing the texture coords would be gone crazy at the edges of the textures, cuz the coords would be gone out of the range [0.0; 1.0]. Anybody know how to make it working? If that method was bad, I can use a forward rendering one. I read water rendering at riemers, but there the water is flat, not choppy.

As with some of your questions about refraction, you're fretting far too much about trivial details that aren't going to be noticeable in most circumstances ;)
The effects used in Crysis are far simpler than you think, and it worked out pretty well for them:

http://www.crytek.com/fileadmin/user_upload/inside/presentations/gdc2008/GDC08_SousaT_CrysisEffects.ppt

By the way, this really has nothing to do with forward or deferred rendering, don't worry! :)

This topic is 3313 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.