Sign in to follow this  

[SlimDX] Using the installer in silent mode

This topic is 3319 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, Can someone tell me how do I use the November's installer silent mode? I would like to distribute SlimDX using the redistributable package in silent mode but couldn't figure out how to do it. Thanks, Maor Cohen Twins Solutions www.twins-solutions.com

If you run 'msiexec' with no parameters at the command line, it will pop up a bunch of options about how to run any MSI, SlimDX's runtime included. There's passive and quiet flags, and also a user interface level flag I haven't tested. So for a completely silent installation, you want to do:
msiexec /quiet /package "SlimDX_Runtime_(November_2008).msi"

This won't interfere with the SDK or other versions, and it doesn't create any files except for the stuff in the GAC (which is not going to be easily visible).

Thanks Promit,

That's what I did and it works perfectly.

Regarding the uninstaller. As long as I understand it, I should not remove SlimDX (when installed into the GAC) with my application as other application may also use it. Is this correct?

Maor

This topic is 3319 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.