Hypothetical idea for multiplayer gaming.

Started by
20 comments, last by Turd Burger 15 years, 4 months ago
Good idea, I still think that users should be allowed freedom to the people as some people may be turned off, knowing that their room will never look that different from everyone else's.

Supplying tile sets and inspiring maps I think would be key. Going back to something like Forge, when I see what people have done I always want to log on to Forge myself.
-thk123botworkstudio.blogspot.com - Shamelessly advertising my new developers blog ^^
Advertisement
Yeah, you wouldn't even have to make things as strict as the tileset.

If you could somehow breakdown the components even further, without going all the way down to including a basic pixel-level sprite editor (which I imagine would completely submit ALL creative direction to the users - not neccessarily a good thing)

Simply offer enough planned diversity, that people don't crave more...

...an impossible task?

_

The imaginary 2D RPG style game I keep battering on about is starting to evolve into something. For some reason, the idea of loads of different map rooms with one or two different people in each is starting to remind me of the space ports from the original 'Star Wars' movies. The appearance of people travelling between areas like this would definitely have the feel of commuting and tourism.

Hmmm...

(EDIT)

Just going back to thinking about this;

Assuming all of this was logically applied - what would you say the maximum amount of players your average PC could host for a 2D RPG (porbably with a limited map)?

[Edited by - Turd Burger on November 22, 2008 2:59:25 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement