Opengl Modeller?

Started by
5 comments, last by BlackSeeds 15 years, 5 months ago
Sorry for such a noobish question but is there such a thing as an OGL modeler that exports Opengl code rather than model files?
Advertisement
Milkshape + "C/C++ Header exporter for OpenGL/DirectX programs by Bob Nemeth"
http://chumbalum.swissquake.ch/ms3d/download.html
Cool, so it just recreates the opengl code from the model or what?
I would assume that.. never tried it though.
Why do you want to do that? You can write in few lines simple importer of OBJ files (there are also many classes for importing) and just pass OpenGL vertex/face list. I think it renders much faster than drawing face by face (if that is what 'Header exporter for OpenGL' exports)
Quote:Original post by davidcoleman
Why do you want to do that? You can write in few lines simple importer of OBJ files (there are also many classes for importing) and just pass OpenGL vertex/face list. I think it renders much faster than drawing face by face (if that is what 'Header exporter for OpenGL' exports)

In case you want to be able to deform the meshes in your program.
Check out the first gameplay video from my javascript/PHP RTS game
Quote:Original post by MortusMaximus
Quote:Original post by davidcoleman

In case you want to be able to deform the meshes in your program.

you can still deform a mesh in code no matter what the file format is. Once you have loaded in the data (vertices, indices, texture coordinates and so on) store them in vertex array or VBO and you can "deform" the vertices you have stored just by changing their values.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement