how much different is...

Started by
11 comments, last by Antheus 15 years, 5 months ago
c and c#? i want to learn c as my main language.... but i cant do that til i get my new computer... then there is c#... another language i want to learn. what im wondering how different are the two?
Advertisement
They have nothing in common whatsoever except for curly braces and C in their name. Everything else that looks the same just looks the same, but is completely unrelated.
Significantly different.

(ignoring the requirement of a new computer to learn C, which is poppycock; and the questionable utility of aiming for C to be your primary language)
wow... so with almost nothing in common i guess its one or the other... which is easier?
wow... so with almost nothing in common i guess its one or the other... which is easier?
personally I think C# is easier, since it's better for OOP, RAD; and it got gc
Depends on what you wanna do.

For example, if you wanna write an OS from scratch, C is better (but writing the OS will still be impossible lol).
If you wanna make a simple GUI app, C# is much easier and probably better.

Those are just examples.

Personally, I think C has little use unless you're dealing with some low-level stuff, otherwise C++ is a better choice. C and C++ are similar, but C++ supports many more useful features since it's an extended version of the language. C# was a completely new one, simply somewhat based on C/C++.
Quote:Original post by shurcool
For example, if you wanna write an OS from scratch, C is better (but writing the OS will still be impossible lol).

Cosmos and SharpOS are both made in C#. However most microcontrollers are made with assembler or C and this is the only area, as far as I can see where C is needed.
the only reason i want to learn C is because you can develop games for the psp.
C# lets me make games for the 360 and zune (with xna)
but id rather develop for the psp... so is C# or C easier?
C# is easier. That's it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement