Help with graphics bug

Started by
0 comments, last by Gage64 15 years, 5 months ago
I have a bug in my graphics engine. When certain sprites are displayed or when I pan the view across the map, spurious graphics are displayed in my game window. When I try to do a screen dump to capture the spurious behavior I am unable to do so. The captured image is perfect. If I attempt to pause my render loop while the spurious graphics are displayed, the paused image never contains the spurius images. I have used every debug method I know to figure this out but to no avail. I have gathered detailed, cycle based stats from my engine while the bug is evident but have found no anomalies. The problem is much more prevalent in my release model. Also print statements tend to hide the problem as well. Placing a Sleep(10) in my render loop also greatly eliminates the problem. So it appears to be timing related. Is this problem related to a synchronization issue in accessing vertex buffer? Or perhaps related to monitor syncing? But most of the graphics are not affected. I am using Visual C++ 2005 Express and dx9. (The problem is also evident with my older code developed with Visual C++ 6.0.) Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks,
Advertisement
It sounds similar to a problem I had a while ago (I also used D3D 9). In my case, it was because I was drawing a vertex buffer that was still locked.

Quote:Original post by steve coward
When I try to do a screen dump to capture the spurious
behavior I am unable to do so. The captured image is perfect.

You could try using an external screen-capture program, such as HyperSnap.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement