Sign in to follow this  

DirectX surface restoration

This topic is 3315 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Folks! In order to get some training, I've recently developed some 2D arcade games. Basically, it's just remakes of old arcade classics. So far I've implemented: * Minesweeper * Invaders * Pong! * Snake You can find all of those games at www.darkage.at, under "downloads". Granted, all of the games mentioned above (with the exception of Minesweeper, that is) suffer from severe lacks in terms of graphics quality, but then I'm only a programmer, not a graphician. All the gameplay is implemented, ready with menues and highscore-tables and all. However, there's one point that still won't work: Surface restoration. When I switch back to Windows with alt-tab and try to activate the game again, the window just won't show. I've read a lot about releasing and resetting devices and some magical "RestoreAllSurfaces" function I've not quite been able to find. Does anyone have an idea on how to get my game back to screen after use of alt-tab? I'm using DirectX 9.0, and LPD3DXSPRITEs to directly display my stuff... Any help would be appreciated, best regards, Lukas

This topic is 3315 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.