Best book to learn DirectX 9 (and 10)?

Started by
14 comments, last by bronxbomber92 15 years, 5 months ago
The title says it all. I'd welcome online tutorials also. Thanks :-)
Advertisement
I'm reading, 'Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX9.0'

Its a Very good book for starters.
And look what I get for thinking I wouldn't know anybody here. Hehe.

One of my friends has 'Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX9.0' and while I didn't comb through it much, I did look over it for a few minutes and it looks pretty good. It might be a bit easyish and slow since you're already well-off with 3d; it explains a lot of the 3d stuff as it goes along teaching the API. But you can just skim through it more quickly I suppose. I do think there was a function reference in it somewhere so you can jump ahead and look back.

Although it only covers Direct3d; nothing for sound etc.

Hows that soccer game you were working on going?
Make sure you get the 2nd edition. Also note that the D3D 10 version is out.
Ohh man.. I know this is going to sound stupid BUT.. after recommending that book (Introduction to 3D programming with DirectX 9.0), I went back in my shelf to start reading it again.

.. AND, I don't have the CD with the source code.. as I read through the book, it points to www.moon-labs.com for the source code. But the site is down :(

Does anyone have a .zip/rar maybe with the samples in it? I'm really pissed right now for being so stupid and misplacing the CD.. but at the same time, the website should NOT be down.
Quote:Original post by TacticalPenguin
And look what I get for thinking I wouldn't know anybody here. Hehe.

You'd be surprised.
Quote:Original post by Instigator
Ohh man.. I know this is going to sound stupid BUT.. after recommending that book (Introduction to 3D programming with DirectX 9.0), I went back in my shelf to start reading it again.

.. AND, I don't have the CD with the source code.. as I read through the book, it points to www.moon-labs.com for the source code. But the site is down :(

Does anyone have a .zip/rar maybe with the samples in it? I'm really pissed right now for being so stupid and misplacing the CD.. but at the same time, the website should NOT be down.

http://www.d3dcoder.net/d3d9c.aspx

early christmas present :)
--------------------------------------Not All Martyrs See Divinity, But At Least You Tried
Quote:Original post by godsenddeath
Quote:Original post by Instigator

http://www.d3dcoder.net/d3d9c.aspx

early christmas present :)

I was really happy when you posted that but unfortunately, I've got just 'Introduction to 3D programming with DirectX 9.0 not 'Introduction to 3D programming with DirectX 9.0: A Shader approach'

Too bad its a different book :( haha.
i tried :s
by the looks of it, it's a new site so he'll probobly put the other source up eventually

EDIT: aha, try this

[Edited by - godsenddeath on November 17, 2008 7:13:36 PM]
--------------------------------------Not All Martyrs See Divinity, But At Least You Tried
As an OpenGL programmer I'm also interested in Direct 3D but im wondering if it's worth it to even bother with Direct X 9 or just jump right to Direct X 10?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement