Sign in to follow this  

XNA and the Xbox 360 Tessellator

This topic is 3318 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I wondered if anyone has tried to use the Xbox's tessellator via XNA, or whether this is possible at all? I have tried to look around quite a bit, but information about using the tessellator itself is scarce. I have neither found any links linking the subject XNA and the tessellator. If anyone has any information about this subject it would be very useful.

AFAIK

Since XNA is CLR interpreted & isn't running directly through the Hypervisor as native code then there's isn't really any way to get low-level access to things like the tessalator or VMX units unfortunately.

Quote:
Original post by guldbran84
I have neither found any links linking the subject XNA and the tessellator. If anyone has any information about this subject it would be very useful.

Odd, as this was the first google result.

In general, XNA is sticking to the "only support what's available on both platforms" deal, so things like this, which are not available on PCs, are not available.

This topic is 3318 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.