Sign in to follow this  

Codename "Holy War" Video Showcase

This topic is 3316 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everyone! I'm Nadjib Bait, Lead Programmer for a game project codenamed "Holy War" (we didn't decide yet of the final title of the game) "Holy War" is an RTS/FPS game which took in the Crusades era. The game is dived into two main sections. The first is the Map Mode where you move your armies, build cities and make diplomatic decisions. The second mode is the Battle Mode (which we see in the video). This mode starts when a player's army meet with an enemy army. The player have the ability to fight and/or manage his units in battle field. We have included already a lot lot of features of gameplay (we focused on gameplay and AI development for almost one and half year, we just began graphic improvement months ago) and a lot is still under development. Technology used : Truevision 3D Engine, Microsoft Visual C# and Visual Basic 2008 (started with 2005) Hope you enjoy the video. Critics and ideas are welcome. Peace. Nadjib B. - Project Leader Video URL : http://www.dailymotion.com/nadjibus84/video/x7fmzf_dv-video-4_videogames

Quote:
Original post by swiftcoder
Looks like a nice start. I would suggest unlocking the camera from directly behind the player - it looks unnatural on turns.

Thank you swiftcoder. it's already not locked, I'll just decrease the camera speed :) to not match the character very quickly! Thank you for your suggestion.

Shouldn't the other team have aa leader as well. :D I mean your just running around killing guys on the horse. Seems they should have a horse coming after you. :D Good work.

Sign in to follow this