Intermediate Tutorials

Started by
3 comments, last by brekehan 15 years, 5 months ago
I have followed the tutorials at www.directxtutorial.com and have got a good understanding of the underlining factors of DirectX but I must pay for the rest of the tutorials and as I don't have a credit card nor can I get one (too young). I need some intermediate tutorials for things like Particle Engines, Collision Detection all of the stuff to get me going to making my own game. I am using DirectX 9
Here to learn :)
Advertisement
Is there any way you could get a parent or a friend who has a credit card to pay for it? Maybe they pay with their card and you pay them in cash? That's what I did to get those extra tutorials, and in my opinion, they are definitely worth it.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." - Gandalf
chad vernon, drunken hyena, reimer, ultimate gameprogramming(not tutorials, just source examples, but very practical)

search these phrases on google, they'll lead to great sets of tutorials, some small, some large, take from them what you can

and/or maybe its time you get a book
--------------------------------------Not All Martyrs See Divinity, But At Least You Tried
I would recommend a book, the time saved not looking for quality resources on the internet makes it worth it. I personally would recommend Introduction to 3D Game Programming with Direct X 9.0c: A Shader Approach, I had a nice time reading it and it is still useful as a reference.
Wish they had tutorials for dx10 instead of all the out of date stuff that is up there. Everything is still referencing 8 and 9.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement