• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[Matrices] World working, View behaving strangely

This topic is 3378 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I've finished setting up a movement control system for a generic 3d entity in 3d space. It simply allows to have a pos[x,y,z] rot[x,y,z] vector and move it around by rotating it and pedaling or backpedaling in the direction it's facing. (more details here: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/post.asp?method=reply&topic_id=515178 ) For each object onscreen, consequently, I've a d3dmatrix that I apply to D3DTS_WORLD before drawing it. It works perfectly and I can fly objects around with perfect control. But then, when I apply another matrix of the same type to the "camera" by setting D3DTS_VIEW instead (of course before drawing anything), it doesn't behave the same way. The camera doesn't pedal/backpedal properly and I can't even properly describe the way it translates/rotates. The part of code that finalizes a matrix for a moveable entity looks like this: // TRANSLATE D3DXMatrixTranslation(TranMatrix,entity_posx,entity_posy,entity_posz); // ROTATE USING QUATERNIONS D3DXQuaternionRotationYawPitchRoll(RotQuat,entity_roty,entity_rotx,entity_rot.z); D3DXMatrixRotationQuaternion(RotMatrix,RotQuat); D3DXMatrixMultiply(FullMatrix,RotMatrix,TranMatrix); Anything utterly wrong here? Thanks in advance a.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement