Sign in to follow this  

sprite animation texture coordinate directx bug??

This topic is 3311 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I'm at the end of my tether with this, I have been working on a 2d game with my friend for a bit as part of a uni project. most the engine is setup but theres a crazy bug in the sprite animation that I cant seem to fix. On some NVIDIA graphics cards older than 8800 and ATI cards there is no problem sprite animation is totally fine. on NVIDIA 8800 and 9800 the texture coordinates of sprite animation are a pixel out causing a "poping" effect in the animation. I have uploaded some vids to vimeo to show you. I have looked around on the net and cant seem to find any other similar issues to this but i'm in a bit of a rut as to why it would work fine on some hardware and not on others, worse still to fix the problem on the new NVIDIAS it breaks the animation on older cards and ATI cards Videos working animation broken animation Tested hardware ATI X1950 PRO - working NVIDIA 6600 - working NVIDIA 7600 - working NVIDIA 8800 - bug NVIDIA 9800 - bug if anybody has seen this before or knows a reason as to why this would occur that would be supreme.

Quote:
Original post by Evil Steve
I haven't looked at the video (It needs me to register to view it), but are you offsetting your vertex coordinates by 0.5 units, as mentioned in the Directly Mapping Texels to Pixels subject in the docs?

haven't seen this before so ill look into it now, cheers steve. This looks like it might be what i need

I implemented what it said in that article. There is no problem on my PC (there never was) BUT the big thing now is that the fix is in the vertices of the quad, not in the texture coordinates themselves. When my friend gets back from work he can test on 8800 and hopefully it will work.

Cheers for that.

This topic is 3311 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.