Sign in to follow this  

First time ever creating a website (help)

This topic is 3311 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Some friends and myself used to visit an old site called "Playsite.com" - which held classic games such as: Checkers, Gin, Chess, Battleship, Hex, Manacala, Tanglewords, Euchre, Hearts, Spades, Cribbage, ect... Basically they went under because Pogo has grown so big. We wanted to basically, re-create the old site (but different obviously) - but do not know how to go about doing this. We only want about 10 games total to start with, but we don't know where to find the software? My questions / help requested: What do I need, to have a website like Pogo.com? - It's not like pogo with all their extra games, this is simply for classic, multi player games. I know there's a lot of sites that have this, so mine probably won't be as big - but that's fine with me. Where do I go to find software for these games? How should I go about creating my website? Should I get a template, and work from there? Or how would you go about it? Do I need a dedicated server to host these games on my site? I'm expecting 1000 users total after the first year, so it's not gonna be massively advertised. Also, where can I go, to find someone who can create online games? For example, I would like a 'Dice' game created - basically '10,000' - but some new things, and what not. I have msn and would love to talk with anyone who's experienced in this. I'll be here to check on this as well. Thanks again, Sorry, I am very new to this so I apologize for literally, knowing nothing to do.

This topic is 3311 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.