Sign in to follow this  

3d and .X file Help Urgent

This topic is 3314 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hye I want to develop a application in which i want show 3d .x mesh cylinder,then i have sensor which move on real cylinder and i want to show 3d cylinder simulation according to sensor postion. so following steps i pefrom 1.Load mesh same as real cylinder 2.load a sensor postion on 3d mesh 3.when sensor move acccording to x y z postion on real cylinder i want same location and movemnt of sensor link pontier on 3d mesh on my application plz plz help me how i start how i develop this application

There are loads of tutorals on the net. Try
http://creators.xna.com/en-US/education/gettingstarted

But this sounds like home work, why not post your attempt and let people point you in the correct direction

thanks for reply
i want to use vc++ 2005 and directx9

i have done some work problem of simulation not show exact postion on 3d window.
e.g; pointer move according to x y z when sensor move but not exact location
if I load 3d cylinder,cylinder is so big and if i move sensor its not same postion as real cylinder postion.

your first job is to scale the object down to the correct size or move the camera away from the object. then you need to learn how to rotate the object around the cylinder. if you post your code people will help more and tell you where you are going wrong

You should map the values coming from the sensor to the height of the cylinder.
For example if the sensor is giving values in the range [0-1] and the height of your cylinder is 350.0f.Lets say you get 0.7f from the sensor this means 0.7f x 350.0f = 245.0f so you need to place your 3d object at 245.0f.
Is this what you are trying to do?Or am I totally off?

again thank for reply

sensor give me 6 dof values x y z yaw pitch roll
1)i develop the application that move according to 6 dof
2)then i load a mesh in mesh application
3)then intergrate both mesh and sensor application
e.g

then i make 3d cylinder on 3d max convert into .x file and load in application
its show so big.
if i move sensor pointer its not exact location

i thing problem if i zooom in both sensor or 3d cylinder then work any other suggestion.

This topic is 3314 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.