• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Maverick Programmer

Different libraries help make up game engine. Should I put them also in the pack?

This topic is 3674 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Let me explain what my title of this post is *trying* to ask. I am about to release my game engine ( second version ) and it uses other libraries to support/power it. When I release it, should I put links for the proper library downloads onto the site or is it fine for me to package it all in one? I am using GLFW, OpenAL, and GLU. I don't remember if I had to download anything for GLU, but I know for a fact I had to download GLFW's libraries, code, and dlls; and for OpenAL, the exact same. So once again, can I group them with my game engine, or give links to make people go out and download them separately? I hope this question made sense. I couldn't find another way to describe what I'm asking. Thank you all. :]

Advertisement
You need to include the libs you are using with the game/engine.
Nothing more frustrating when you download a project of somebody and glut.dll is missing.

OpenAL - Yes, add it
Glu - Included with windows, so don't have to add it (Correct me if I'm wrong somebody)
Glut - Yes, add it
GLFW - Yes, add it

And be sure to respect the licensing of those libraries too.

Hope that help :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!