Sign in to follow this  
Ninja2008

I need some physics resources..

Hi I need some websites or documentations about game physics math,you know like: 1-vectors and how they are used in games.. 2-how to do the collision using the vectors..because I have one algorithm I made but I can not do the sliding collision,that is when you slide when colliding something. 3-rays that are used from source to destination,that is how to know that an object is seeing another.. if you got one of those solution please tell me..because I really need it.. I use VB6 with DX8.. Thanks for your time..

My recommendation is Jim Van Verth's GDC tutorial series on game math/physics, available at the following website:

Essential Math for Games Programmers

That is an excellent tutorial series, although it does move pretty fast, depending on your own level of expertise going in.

The other thing I would recommend, in general, would be to look at the sticky thread associated with this forum, titled "List of physics engines and reference material." You'll find it at the top of the thread list for this forum.

Thank you Graham for your help..

nice website..it is very useful..actually I always use some methods I invent for the games..but I want to have some standard methods used by most programmers..so I asked about this website..

Thanks again..