Favorite Xbox LIVE Community Games?

Started by
7 comments, last by Stompy9999 15 years, 5 months ago
As most of you are aware, Microsoft launched their NXE today and part of that is the Community Games channel, a place for developers to get their games onto the marketplace and sell them to millions of Xbox LIVE subscribers. So I'm wondering who's given them a shot? What are some of your favorites? What do you think of it overall? I'm somewhat partial to Bloc since I helped make it, but I also bought Being and very much enjoyed my play through it. I haven't had much time to check out many others, but Galax-e-mail was a fun one when I played it during its review time and Word Soup is a very addicting little word game.
Advertisement
I only saw two of them when I logged in today morning (Word Soup and Bloc I think?) and attempting to access either one yielded an HRESULT style error message. Hopefully I'll have better luck tonight.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Yeah, I was getting a few errors last night as well. I guess it's to be expected when 10 million people jump on all at the same time...

Plus my avatar pic isn't working on the web. I just get "Server Too Busy" error messages... Im sure it'll all get sorted out soon :-)
One of my coworkers was the artist for Totem. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, though. I saw him doing some last minute edits to it on his lunch break before they submitted it on Monday.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
I haven't tried any yet, but GamerBytes did an article on the best community games.
Haven't managed to actually download any yet...
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
I'll have to check this out. Do I need a Creator's Club membership to try the games? My account ran out a few months ago, and I have yet to renew it.
-----------------------------Play Stompy's Revenge! Now!
You only need the Creators Club membership to submit games, not play them.

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

Nice. I'll definitely be checking this out then. I'm hoping one day to get my own games up as LIVE Community Games, and I would like to see how the system works.
-----------------------------Play Stompy's Revenge! Now!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement