• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
schupf

Sigma in GeoMipMapping

This topic is 3674 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have one little question about the error sigma calculation in GeoMipMapping. According to the original De Boer paper you get ONE sigma error for each deleted vertex. But I am not sure if this is right. Look at this picture (LOD 0): If I make this grid 1 LOD level coarser I drop 5 vertices (1,9,10,11,19) and according to De Boer I get 5 Sigma's. But I think I have to calculate 6 error values Sigma: 1 Sigma for each edge that is dropped; i.e. edge (0,2), (0,18), (18,20), (2,20), (1,19) and (9,11). Because when I remove vertex 10 I delete 2 edges. So how should I do this with just 5 sigmas or am I right and I really need to calculate 6 sigmas (for each dropped edge)? Thanks!

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!