Review my first pong game!

Started by
3 comments, last by hervens 15 years, 5 months ago
Hey guys, a couple of days ago, i started learning xna. After i finished reading a couple of articles about it, i decided to make my first game EVER! Ladies and gentleman, I present PONG RESURECTION V1.0 -- reviving the classic The game has five levels, and you use the mouse to control the paddle. Now, for all of you who think that making a pong game is easy, you should really try making one yourself! I was expecting this project to last no more than two days, but somehow, it ended up lasting over 1 week and a half. You can download the game from the following link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IZ6N7T9M So, tell me what you think You guys think I have potential? [Edited by - hervens on November 19, 2008 11:08:14 PM]
PurpleBoxMobile.com My mobile app publishing startup
Advertisement
I tried to download you game, but when I tried to install it, it failed and I got a "cannot start the application" error. It says that "the application is missing required files."
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." - Gandalf
I am really sorry.

When i went to build -> publish in visual studio 2008, i thought it automatically created everything for me.
But there were some files missing

Here is the corrected link
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IZ6N7T9M
Ok, this time it installed and ran properly.

Good job! It's pretty fun to play and the other paddle is insanely good sometimes, which is nice because it gives the player a challenge.

Also, on the start up screen, it says that the game ends when player 2 gets 10 points, but when I played player 2 got to 13 and the game still didn't end.

Other than that, from what I have played so far you did a very good job, and I look forward to playing it more when I have more time.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." - Gandalf
Hey ryan, thanks for the review

And about the fact that the game doesnt end, well... I just totally forgot about that.

I commented out the function that takes care of ending the game if player 2 reaches 10 points for testing purposes, and forgot to re implement it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement