Sign in to follow this  
predator363

Designing a game

So im a very busy college student, with a family, opening own bussiness. I have also bee working on a game concept and writing a book for many months now and i am about at the point where i am ready to begin actual design work. I have had lots of experience modding and have even used a previos engine to build a game. What i am currently looking for a is a small group of advisors who are acustomed with game and even engine design as there are currently no engines capable of doing what i want to help me thru this process by offering advice and some tutoring as well as possably being added on a designer when a trust base has been established this will be fairly hush hush at first untill copywrites can be obtained and a design teem can be esablished. so i am looking for help that can be temporaraly secretive untill we can begin publishing information about the game to the public Hint: Think oblivion mixed with left4dead mixed with dawn of war only based on a book me and a friend are writing ......i know ..confusing huh? If anyone has questions or wishes to get involved post here or pm me [Edited by - predator363 on November 21, 2008 5:42:43 AM]

You probably want to post this in the Help Wanted, and have all the required stuff with it as well as what you've done before. If it's a secret and part of the requirements, just have "details upon acceptance" or something, I think that is acceptable by the mod(I think, anyway). Rather than here, where its all discussion and not really doing it.

Probably telling people what type of game it is would draw more interests in joining too.

Quote:
Original post by predator363
So im a very busy college student, with a family, opening own bussiness. I have also bee working on a game concept and writing a book for many months now and i am about at the point where i am ready to begin actual design work. I have had lots of experience modding and have even used a previos engine to build a game.

What i am currently looking for a is a small group of advisors who are acustomed with game and even engine design as there are currently no engines capable of doing what i want to help me thru this process by offering advice and some tutoring as well as possably being added on a designer when a trust base has been established

this will be fairly hush hush at first untill copywrites can be obtained and a design teem can be esablished. so i am looking for help that can be temporaraly secretive untill we can begin publishing information about the game to the public

If anyone has questions or wishes to get involved post here or pm me

Hey Hi....
I work for a Software company as a developer, but i am highly interested in making 3d games. I read that u already used an engine for making game. can u help me out too? I have 3d GamesStudio A7 engine , but cant find a simple walkthru to create a 3d game.Plz try if u can help me out..

pothb i see thank you very much for the info. For now im actualy only wanting to do private discussions with people in order to learn more about designing and engine or if i would even really need to compleatly design my own engine based on my idea's when i am ready to take action on this i will go ahead and move it to the implied forum section (or if even after this post it is recommended i do so.

underDOG_Productions in order to use a pre made engine to build a game you will need iether the permission of the owning company (which usualy will cost thousands of dollars) or you can use a game engine that is promoted as modable, in which case you can take a premade game and compleatly redesign it to your own and then possibly sell your idea's to the company who owns the engine. may i suggest using the quike engine as it is simple and easy to learn also becouse of an older game called dark forces 2 there are hundreds of tools to build create and modify any part of any game using the engine a site that hosts most of these tools and even hundreds of tutoreals for using DF2 and the quake engine is massasi temple im not sure if posting sites is ok under this sites rules but googleing its name will get you there.. dont be affraid to ask me more