• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Workstation deployment, office space issues

This topic is 3347 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need help solving a hardware deployment problem for a client! I've got just over 1500sq ft of floor space + 300-400 sq ft max for IT data center. I've got to get 20 game developers / 3D graphics artists, plus 4-5 admin & managers into this space. Workstation configuration will depend upon job function of each employee, but minimum configuration will be Core 2 Quad with 2GB RAM, NVIDIA 9800GT. Maximum configuration (at this point)will be Dual Quad Core Xeons, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700 x 2 (quad monitor config). For those of you out there who manage or operate in small and/or medium-sized studios, how do you manage the PC real estate, noise, & heat issues in limited spaces? How do you plan for growth? A friend working at an engineering firm tried centralizing and rackmounting the PC workstations, extended KVM-over-IP with limited success - performance issues. Anybody tried this or other similar technology? Your help is appreciated! PParker

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement