Math Resources.

Started by
7 comments, last by smc 15 years, 4 months ago
Hello, I have a hard time finding good resources on for example, linear algebra and other topics good for game programming(3d isn't really required, since i'm only going to deal with 2d). I don't have alot of experience in math to be honest, I really didn't do alot of it back when i were at school. So, i'm looking for good resources for linear algebra, vector math(i think) or whatever is good for physics and just general game programming. I'm looking for material that doesn't require you to know alot in advance. Any and all help is appriciated.
Advertisement
I'd just recommend searching Google. That's how I learned pretty much all of my game-related math.
mathworld.wolfram.com should definitely make it into your bookmarks. It isn't always the most approachable reference, but it has a very broad range of topics.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Quote:Original post by BeanDog
I'd just recommend searching Google. That's how I learned pretty much all of my game-related math.

You do realize i have used google, but some people here considering there are many people visiting these forums. Might have stumbled upon the same problem, and found one or more places.

If you are to be of no help, why bother posting at all you troll?

swiftcoder: thank you, that is site is awesome.
That one is also very helpful.
3D Math Primer for Graphics and Game Development by Fletcher Dunn and Ian Parberry.

Magnificent book for beginners.
Paul's Online Math Notes was pretty cool. It offers entire books in PDF and HTML. I took the Calculus 1 book down to the store and had it printed and bound. His writing and examples are easy to learn with.

Quote:At present I've gotten the notes/tutorials for my Algebra (Math 1314), Calculus I (Math 2413), Calculus II (Math 2414), Calculus III (Math 2415), Linear Algebra (Math 2318) and Differential Equations (Math 3401) class online. I've also get a couple of Review/Extras available as well. Among the reviews/extras that I've got are an Algebra/Trig review for my Calculus Students, a Complex Number primer, a set of Common Math Errors, and some tips on How to Study Math.

He also links to many other resources
My favorite math site: MathWords.com. The sites basically a math dictionary where the creators assume you have no idea what they're talking about.
For 2d and 3d geometrical mathematics/algorithms I highly recommend.

This Book

Companion Site

I can not stress enough how valuable this book is. However, it does assume a level of mathematical sophistication. Check out the book on the google link provided.

∫Mc

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement