Sign in to follow this  
niteenhatle

MSDN library documentation for Microsoft SDK

Hi, I installed VS C++ 2008 express which also installed the Microsoft SDK. But there was no SDK documentation (MSDN library). Do I have to install the MSDN library separately? Where can I find the MSDN library to download? Thanks. Niteen

Hi,

Thanks gan.

But I had gone to that site and looked. It's 2GB of download!!

I was referring to specifically Microsoft SDK documentation. VS C++ 2008 express has MSDN docs for VS but not the Microsoft SDK docs.

MSDN site doesn't have a separate docs for just Microsoft SDK? I didn't find it.

I may have to download the whole VS MSDN.

Thanks anyway.

Niteen

Quote:
Original post by niteenhatle
MSDN site doesn't have a separate docs for just Microsoft SDK? I didn't find it.

You can see all of the documentation on thier MSDN site here: MSDN Library

Dig through the tree view on the left hand side and you should be able to find what your looking for. As someone else pointed out, you can also use the search feature on the site as well.

Generally its best if you use the website (Unless you do not have a 'always on' internet connection). That way you always have the latest version of the documents. Microsoft regularly updates the documentation to correct errors and add additional information. Additionally, Microsoft recently added the ability for users to post thoughts about the documentation at the bottom of the pages Labeled Community Content). This can be helpful when there is an error or information that has been omitted from the docs.