Large Game Concept

Started by
12 comments, last by Estor 15 years, 4 months ago
I am gunna be a scriptor and concept maker for a 3d game, or maybe iso. This concept is pretty unorganized but has lots of great ideas so please take your time and read there was also weird formatting and too much to just change You can by no means take this game concept obviously I wont sue if you use guilds in your game, but this is all my ideas... Even though I have not patented this Concept it is still protected. for clerification i will refer to kingdoms and guilds in this, kingdoms and guilds are the SAME THING. well what we agreed on was that there would be lots of skills... like runescape type skills... and you level them by doing stuff like in runescape.... obviously u ppl think we are crazy being like runescape but ur crazy for not understanding... runescape is just skills this game will be lots of stuff based on your skills. So anyways.... in order to start a village the requisites will be extremely hard... for examples.... level 150, 1000000 currency, 500000 of any type of ores, 500000 of any type of wood, a party of 8, consisting of atleast one boy and one girl, and atleast one of each base class. Then theres your guild... it will be kinda like age of empires... you have buildings that create and upgrade different things, and u can create shops.... obviously the shops and benefits to the player wont be too extreme, the real good armour will require lots of quests. So... then theres being a normal player... to join a guild you must be invited. If you accept you start out as a worker with 0 guild experience. When you donate your supplies, like currency, ore, lumber, food, etc there will be lots of different options. But when you do that you will gain guild exp.... when you are just a worker all you can do is work and help out.... there will be ranks, and each rank adds a bonus, the next rank will be builder, so you can easily help the village buy building buildings.... you will need resources to build the buildings, the resources will be gotten through you working, or your daily kingdom allotment. These buildings will start out small but as you gain builder ranks you will eventually be able to make things like stone buildings, and maybe metal buildings which require much ore... Eventually you will become a merchant, merchants gain even more resources per day... Merchants can find a friend or a team to make a building for him.... but once the building is made or he has made it, he can register a shop, the shop will be ran by yourself... not requiring to always be there... the prices will be set prices... and the items for sale in your shop will get there my you making them... So if you want to have an armour shop you should choose what type of armour, leather which is good for ranging, metal for combat, or cloth for wizardry and clerics. In order to make leather you must collect the skins from animals and mobs, metal will require ores, and cloth will require weaving and magic to bless the cloth.... the ranger and metal will also require lumber to reinforce them.... as a tradesmen you will not get any experience from just making money while you are in bed... you will still have to get out there and fight other kingdoms, defend yourself and kingdom from mobs, and donate resources and build.... these will all still get you guild experience, but hopefully since you will have progressed more in the game you will be strong and have higher skill levels and make better stuff and gain more experience per building made. There will then be a trainer, who's goal is to still help the kingdom and run shops but in other ways.... the trainer will be REQUIRED to, if that person wants to make more guild ranks, to help new players. the trainers name will show up in your kingdom's trainer list and you can choose them... you will know a good one to choose because the better they will have a higher guild level, but the good trainers will be busy, so to get one who is more into focusing on you you might choose a lower leveled person with less clients. The trainer will tell the newb how, where, and what to level. And tell the best strategies and secrets. a good trainer will give more resources and money to the client... although there is a limit.... once a trainer's given client has reached combat level 20 or reached guild rank of Builder the program will be over.... there will be many more ranks but each one will be more beneficial and more harder and such.... wow thats a lot sorry for making it kinda hard to read theres a lot of great ideas.... theres some more stuff though! a builder will be able to build houses which allow more people to join the guild or kingdom, and military buildings which will give benefits when fighting in like a 100000 radius(10 meter radius) of the town's castles.... inorder for the game not to be flooded with tons of kingdoms.... inorder to start a kingdom it will be hard. also so the kingdoms dont grow too fast i made a system that will make it harder to build a building... first of all to start the building you must put in the right amount of resources and currency, but then each building will have a certain amount of required charms to be built... the easy buildings like stone buildings will only require say 10 blue charms... acquired from fairly easy monsters... then there will be harder buildings and bigger and more structured buildings that will require more of harder to get charms... Some charms such as the crystal charm... 10 are required to start a kingdom.... will only be acquired from the end of a long quest series... this quest series will basically be the beating heart of the storyline... but it shall be a hard quest line.... then when you have a kingdom you will want to discover new technologies such as stone buildings or moats or security... or even new weapons.... everyone you want to unlock will require a crystal charm... these charms will be obtained by completing long and hard quest chains. These quest chains will have other prereqs but no matter what to start any quest chain the main storyline chain must be done.... anyways back to the building part... after you start the building with required resources you will have to either do quests or kill mobs.... when you have a charm you can just go back to the building you started or other buildings.... and click on them, a UI will appear that says what charms are needed and lists the different charms, then you enter in how many you will give and voila the building is nearing completion. So even the most basic building, a wooden house will require 10 blue charms... the charms will be obtained my lvl 20 monsters... level 20 is like level 20 in wow... but less boring to get to =). level 80 will be like level 80 in wow but more fun and less grinding to get.... but then the levels i think should go until 150.... So... everytime your kingdom unlocks an upgrade your kingdom will gain a level.... These kingdom levels will represent your kingdom's power... Another way to get guild exp is to kill people from opposing nations.... The only humans you can ever attack is people within 5 levels above or below you and also your nation is 10 levels above or below you... this will give the newbs a chance to play. Another thing is charms are not tradeable but you can add your charms to someone in your kingdoms building. obviously this will make players pay people gold to have them donate their charms. hmmm what else... o ya all kingdom areas... these will be cities and certain areas. in major cities weapons will be taken off of the player automatically and it will not let them equip it. the certain areas will be different zones, each zone will contain their own terrain, all zones will have different names and inorder to go from one zone to other you must "rezone". most zones will be player attacking free.... but the zones that players can attack other players will be the same zones in which kingdoms can be made in.... incase you are still thinking that there will be too many kingdoms level 150 will be like getting to level 200 in maplestory, plus beating a long story line. Even more! Some quests will only be party quests, only doable with people from your guild.... what else? oh ya the link between guilds and combat welll your combat level, or the level people see will be based on your guild combat level, and your strength, endurance, intellect, agility, defense, charm, and more... another way of raising your guild rank is a bit slower and harder but more beneficial for some.... if you like combat a lot and want to keep your combat up with your guild level you can gain guild levels buy raiding other kingdoms. you can do it solo which is harder or with a raid team.... so your kingdom is always at risk of being attacked there will be npcs that attack raiders... the only kingdom you can attack is a kingdom below or above your kingdoms level by 10. you gain combat and guild experience by killing their npcs, buildings, and players... the harder it is too kill the more experience you get... the reason this is beneficial for your guild is that other kingdoms take up room and take up players. by killing their players and buildings it allows you to grow more... when raiders kill houses that forces the guild leader to kick someone out.... one person per house destroyed since or each house built one player can fit... that WOULD take up a lot of room.... so to build houses you must build them on the house creator. the house creator will be a building itself which cant be destroyed... althought you can MAKE house creators. The house creators are a building which takes up a certain area.... these are replacement for houses... when you go in them you can click on the house creator object. this opens a UI which shows how many houses of each type are being created, and how many charms they need. this ui will just be a list showing who started building, what type of house(stone, wood, gold, iron, crystal), and how many of what charms are already put it... lets say the house creator has three wooden houses and one stone house under charm gathering stage, you have the resources for a gold one, you can press a button that starts a new house.... there will also be a area showing how many of each type of house is already made from that creator.... each house made can support one person... but the better quality house you make the more HP it will add to the house creator... each house adds more max HP to the creator building.... When raiders want to destroy houses they just attack the creator, once they have done a certain amount of damage according to which type of house they are attacking. lets say the creator owns 10 crystal 2 gold and 50 wood.... the raiders damage will go to the crystal houses until one is destroyed, then the next etc, then gold, then wood... the raiders damage will always deal damage to the strongest house type... that way to make it harder to wipe out a kingdoms population.... what else? well lots... there will be no classes like as in wow... but more a player that u can orient to more of one side. normally a mage in a game has horrible defense, with our skill system u can just increase your intellect but also endurance for a great balance, i am hoping this becomes like a intuitive discision like in maplestory or trickster etc... there will be many skills like in runescape but we will probably start with basic combat skills, then we will start with the basic ones like fishing, cooking, skinning, leather working, weaving, woodcutting, woodworking, mining, metalworking, and masonry. we will get better names maybe... but all of these will not be basic at all, but we will start out basic, these are the ones that will run guilds. Later we will get more skills that will effect questing, combat, and guilds in some way.... Well there is ton more to be added so… whenever I can I will make sure to update this…
Advertisement
Quote:Well there is ton more to be added so… whenever I can I will make sure to update this…

No offense intended but... please don't. This forum really isn't for that kind of thing. Pick one specific topic that you think might generate some interesting discussion and post about it. Don't just unload a big pile of half-thoughts.
if you read it you would understand i talk about 2 main topics here... so please read the post before you reply
I read the first two paragraphs and got the impression this was going no where. If you can sum up those two ideas in two, short paragraphs, many more people will read and respond to them.
Quote:Original post by squigoth

obviously u ppl think we are crazy being like runescape
but ur crazy for not understanding...

I don't really think this is appropriate. There are many talented (Professional and Hobbyist) people in these forums and they have many insights that you may not have. Insulting people (perhaps not intentionally) is never a good way to start things off.

Well there is ton more to be added so… whenever I can I will make sure to update this…

After reading through your post, I think you need to organize your thoughts a bit better. There's several different game mechanics which were discussed that really could have been off-loaded to separate threads (Character building, Guilds, Kingdom Building, etc...). Another suggestion is to keep things simple. Often while reading your post I found myself thinking how wordy things were for such simple and common game mechanics.

Example:
- The game will support Kingdom building, which is a achieved through character building of XYZ.

I'm curious, with such an ambitious project, have you considered a date for completion? This kind of project would more than likely require a considerable team size investing large hours. In either case, good luck.
okay i dont need any help on how to mkae the game i just want to know if its a good idea... its not insulting really.... and i know i need to organize i even said that
okay i dont need any help on how to mkae the game i just want to know if its a good idea

From what I've read I personally think it's too complex for the average gamer. Accessibility is key to having a large audience and in some cases this means dumbing content down or at the very least present it in a way that is simple (which is very difficult at times). But in the end it all depends on who your target audience is.

Was this intended as an MMO, low/medium-client multiplayer game, single player or what?

Quote:.... and i know i need to organize i even said that

Okay I was just pointing it out again because all too often I've seen projects go down hill because of poor organization. Anyways, good luck with the title.
okay i dont need any help on how to mkae the game i just want to know if its a good idea... its not insulting really.... and i know i need to organize i even said that

The first step to utter failure begins with not being able to receive criticism.
Goodluck in whatever endeavor you attempt, hopefuly you won't butcher through too much money and resources.
I skimmed through most of your post because your post seems a lot like your game. Way too much to take in for someone new to it.

I've got a good name for your game though. You should call it "WORK" because that's all you seem to want the players to do.

Grind to get money, grind to get materials, grind to gain levels. All so they can then proceed to build things to fill in more content for your game. Doesn't sound like much fun to me, honestly.
[size="3"]Thrones Online - Tactical Turnbased RPG
Visit my website to check out the latest updates on my online game
You seem to be stuffing this with far too many ideas...ideas that seem to work against each other.

On one hand you say there will be no classes. But later in the same overly lengthy paragraph you state that a party of 8 representing each of the base classes is one of the requirements to start a kingdom/guild.

On one hand the kingdom/guilds worker characters construct the buildings...on the other that is done through some UI where you pay charms and volia! the building is near completion.

Further there doesn't seem to be much of a game here, other than grinding your way up a ladder, while helping to grind your kingdom/guild up its own ladder. Then the whole process repeats itself like some half baked pyramid scheme.

Even if you and 7 other friends make it to the level cap and gather enough resources to start a new kingdom/guild...Why should other players join your new kingdom if they have to give up whatever job title they have gained and start over as a simple worker with zero guild experience?

Why can kingdoms/guilds only fight each other (within nearly the same level no less)? What about forming aliances? Mergeing together, splitting apart? If kingdoms/guilds are to have meaning then why can't they make up thier own rules? If a kingdom/guild wants to have a nudist Tuesday, with the penalty that players whom wear clothing must pay a 400% tax rate...then why not allow them to do so, and the players of that kingdom/guild defect with rank intact if they feel that such a burden is too high? Stuff that adds gameplay depth beyond simply grinding up the experience ladder.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement