Sign in to follow this  
Climax777

Games for Windows LIVE sign in dialog

Climax777    122
Hi When I use this line in C# with the XNA libraries the LIVE sign in guide dialog appears when I press Home on the keyboard.
Components.Add(new GamerServicesComponent(this));
How can I get that same guide and dialog and its functionality and user interface in unmanaged code (C++), like with Gears of War, Fallout 3,(I presume they are unmanaged since when debugging no managed dll's are loaded) etc... and also the functionality of the Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GamerServices namespace. I hope there is a possibility, otherwise can it be done in managed c++? Thank you.

andur    781
I don't know the answer for sure, but, you should be able to use the XNA libraries in managed c++ and get at the games for windows guide that way. You of course lose all 360 xna support once you use anything other than C# (unless that's changed since i last looked).

As for doing it in native c++, I'm not sure that Microsoft has publically released the sdk for doing that, my guess would be that they haven't.

Climax777    122
The thing I'm unsure about is that latest games use the Games for Windows LIVE redistributable, which contains the xlive.dll. When I compile an XNA Game Studio project with the guide service, xlive.dll isn't loaded, while the latest games link xlive.dll. How do you make use of that redistributable?