Sign in to follow this  
mullza

RPG.

mullza    122
I am planning to make a 2-d RPG (Not online) It will have A single player mode, and a co-op mode where you can do the entire game with a group of up to 4 friends(on the same keyboard) all working together to win the game. Combat will be extremely fast- paced and high action lots of dungeons and With epic bosses. Gameplay will be fairly simple, but addicting. Current classes: -Priest (Can use staffs) (Special ability:Healing) -Wizard (Can use magic) (Special ability: Still needs one :0) -Archer (Can use bows) (Special ability: Super shot (Extra damage)) -Assassin (Can use darts) (Special ability: Poison tipped darts (Hurts slowly over time) -Warrior (Can use swords) (Special ability: Stun) -Slayer (Can use Javelin) Special ability: Still needs one :0 ) Mockup(Fake screenshot): http://www.iaza.com/work/081122C/mockuppp33493.png NOTE: I just did it quickly in paint and is not as good as the game will atcually look! but the people will still be circles just better looking circles. Player 1 is a priest and Player 2 is assasin. But heres where I need help. I need ideas for the name, and ideas for classes, and any ideas that can make the game funner. If I use your ideas i will give you credit. ~My first post, Mullza P.S. It will be free. and if i placed it in the wrong forum, please excuse me Im new here. [Edited by - mullza on November 22, 2008 8:56:14 PM]

Wildcardz    122
I would suggest that you do a little reading on old school D&D for some ideals concerning class skills. It may also be of benefit to play a few free online games, just to get a feel of how ppl interact with the gaming enviroment.

Example Priest: casts healing spells they may heal hp or mp.

Hope this helps, I would need more information on the game or give it a a closed beta test inorder to make any more suggestions.

Skeezix    144
well there is always the mage and the warrior class...im just curious about 4 people in the same keyboard...and you said that the "Combat will be extremely fast- paced"...wouldn't it be too crowded for 4 people to be on the same keyboard??? as for experience just having two people in the same keyboard is quite annoying at times

mullza    122
Yes, I have played some rpgs and I could just copy all the classes and weapons from wow, and i have copied a few things from that but I don't want it to copy it EXACTLY, but i will take a look at some DnD games, thank you

I've been thinking about the keyboard thing and i know I could fit 2 players on a keyboard but i'm still a bit confused on 4, but it can't hurt to try it? And I probably am gonna make each class have a special ability, Such as priests having healing, Warrior having stun, etc.
I will make a mockup (A fake screenshot) So you guys can see what it will be sorta like kk?

EDIT: there is a new class: Slayer

Sign in to follow this