DirectX tutorials, or learning path?

Started by
2 comments, last by mich4elp 15 years, 5 months ago
aright, i have been trying to learn directX from the tutorials on http://www.directxtutorial.com/ the tutorials are really great, and he explains it verry well in a language there is understanable for humans, and i really had fun playing around with the examples in the tutorials... but now i realise, that i dont remember anything from it! its like its just to much to overcome! well i know how the functions work, and what they do, and if i have the functions set up, i could do it, but i dont remember how to make those functions :S so what do i do? will i be forced to copy'n paste that code, for every project i make, or is there an easier way of learning it? also when i've learned all that, where do i find more? in advance: Thanks :D PS: i dont mind buying a book, but its kinda last resort, since i am pretty poor atm.
Advertisement
It's okay if you don't remember everything( all the functions, names, etc), as long as you understand how the code works. Even the best of programmers don't have all functions of any sort of library memorized. They will usually have some sort of reference to look to when required, so don't fret about it.
so its ok, if i just copy the basic functions over, and do the rest of my self?
I would say try to type the functions out, since it would help you memorize some of the stuff to type for later on.
But yeah, you can just keep the tutorials in a another window or something, and while you are coding, you can refer to those.
Copy/Paste usually isn't the best option.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement