Sign in to follow this  
Asafe

CS

Asafe    102
Hummmm Source Engine...But you use programming language in it?If yes Cs was wrote using the C plus plus?
I want to know because a friend of mine(PrOGramer) said it does.

Asafe    102
I'm so sorry I read the article in portuguese and it haven't the part of C plus plus.Now I've read the english.Thanks.
Now I can prove for some people that C++ get value.

Captain P    1092
Actually, mostly based on Quake's engine, with a small part of Quake 2's codebase added in, as far as I know. Half-Life's and Counter-Strike's gamecode has been written in C++. Half-Life 2 and Counter Strike: Source are written in C++, too. In all cases however, the level-designers used an entity system which can be seen as a visual form of scripting.

Quote:
Original post by Asafe
Now I can prove for some people that C++ get value.

Yes, with that information, you can prove that C++ can be used for games. But that says very little. C++ has it's advantages and disadvantages. Knowing what they are (and what the advantages and disadvantages of other languages are) is much more useful.

zacs7    136
> The Halflife engine was built upon the Quake2 codebase, which was written in C.
Based yes. But it was "ported" to C++. Along with many new upgrades, such as network code and a new label -- "Gold Source" Engine, or GoldSrc or whatever they're calling it these days.