URGENT HELP !!! BEGINNER WOES.........

Started by
26 comments, last by stimarco 15 years, 5 months ago
i ve to develop a simcity clone for my final year project and i ve no clue hwo to start and wit wat. if anyone wit experiance can giv me a basic idea of wat i need to do, how to do it and how to get started .....................
Advertisement
A staring point via Google

Edit: A better starting point
∫Mc
wat to search google for?lik i said i dunno hwo to start
Quote:wat to search google for?lik i said i dunno hwo to start
Start with some English language primers. If you can't write half decent English, it's unlikely you'll be able to comprehend the technical resources a programmer must read.

Quote:i ve to develop a simcity clone for my final year project and i ve no clue hwo to start and wit wat.
Moreover, with a statement like this, how did you get to your final year utterly clueless? What programs have you made so far? What do you know?
Questions: Final year college or high school (or some equivalent in another country)? If college, what is your major? How much programming have you done before? Do you have any related experience?
Its my final year project for my Btech. in Computer Sc. .it cannot be changed. i knw c/c++ and would like to work in dat.Its to be made in 2D .

as for sarcastic resonses da fact remians i do hav to complete the project.and i am aware ur expertise exceeds mine(which is the reason im here) and mine exceeds none :P . hence kindly refrain from moral discourse and adjuctate all help possible.
What libraries have chosen to use for your project?

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

Well, pick what technology you want to use. What operating system will you be working with? What compiler will you use? What IDE? Will you use OpenGL or DirectX?

Once you decide that, work on getting a window to pop up, and then a main menu. Once you have gotten that far, you might start getting ideas about how to continue.
Check out the first gameplay video from my javascript/PHP RTS game
since im plannin to work with c++ ill probably use visual c++ or just simple turbo c++ coimpliler. i ve never worked with agame engine befoer . do i need to for a 2d tile game?
since im plannin to work with c++ ill probably use visual c++ or just simple turbo c++ coimpliler. i ve never worked with agame engine befoer . do i need to for a 2d tile game?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement