Sign in to follow this  
frog04

Unity FBO - linker error wxDec++

frog04    122
As I described in a previous thread (http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=513833) my problem is that i can't render the scene on every PaintEvent because there are to many float-values to calculate. No i tried to use a FrameBufferObject with following code:
   glGenFramebuffersEXT(1, &fboId);
    Render();
   glBindFramebufferEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, 0);

Now the linker says: [Linker Error] undefined reference to `glBindFramebufferEXT@8' [Linker Error] undefined reference to `glGenFramebuffersEXT@8' I looked @ the gltext.h and didn't found the functions. So i Downloaded the latest mensa-3d, compiled it and put the lib-files @ the correct place. It compiles, but my application hang up @ execution-start (with FBO-code and without it). I recognize that the problem is the "libopengl32.a" file. With the selfcompiled it compiles but doesn't work. With the "standard" lib-file i get the Linker-error. Any suggestions?

Kambiz    758
FBO is supported in opengl (<3.0) via extensions, the easiest way to access those extensions is to use a library like GLee or GLEW. You don't need Mesa. The latest extension headers can be downloaded from www.opengl.org/registry/ .
FAQ: How can I program for OpenGL beyond version 1.1 in windows?

FBOs are a bit more complicated to use than just calling glGenFramebuffersEXT, I suggest reading the following articles:
OpenGL FrameBuffer Object 101
OpenGL FrameBuffer Object 201

"Alternative Game Libraries" is probably the wrong forum, you may want to ask a moderator to move this thread to the OpenGL forum.