• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Some ID3DX10Sprite and ID3DX10Font questions

This topic is 3343 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

1. How many sprite objects should I use for the many different fonts and texts used. Only one sprite object, or for every ID3DX10Font interface, or for every drawText call? 2. I use the z coordinate for object positioning. Is it possible to draw the sprites/text with a specified z value? They could still be back to front ordered, but I need the z coord. Is it possible to set this via the world matrix of the sprite? 3. Are there any resource about how to fast/efficient use those interfaces (except DXUT or tutorials/samples)? edit: 4. When I call DrawText, is the text also rendered to the rendertarget, or do I need to call something for the sprite to be drawn. It's not that clear in the dxdoc. 5. When I call DrawText, is there a way to access the D3DX10_SPRITE struct, so I can manipulate somthing. edit2: 6. I think I have to use a sprite for every object (every object needs its own z value). Is there a way to instance sprites? I don't mean the sprites in one sprite interface, but many sprite interfaces. If I could get access to the D3DX10_SPRITE struct this would be possible. Using the texture by myself and so on... any ideas? Thx, Vertex [Edited by - Vertex333 on November 24, 2008 5:08:06 AM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement