Help Needed

Started by
10 comments, last by zer0wolf 15 years, 4 months ago
hi guys, im Matt, I would like to learn codeing(c#) and I don't know where to start, any ideas?
Advertisement
If you don't know where to start, why do you think you want to learn C# specifically?

What do you think coding is, exactly? What are you hoping to accomplish by learning to code?
can you just please help me with c#? i want to make a game. please! please!
What are you, 10?

Zahlman asked those questions for good reason. Your reasoning behind wanting to learn to program in general and your desire to learn C# will dictate which resources to point you towards.

What is your current knowledge of software development? What are your aspirations for learning to program? Why have you chosen C#? How far along in your studies of math are you? Where are you at in your schooling? These are all important questions.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
sorry guys..i guess i should give up my carrer since idk were to start at programming..
Quote: can you just please help me with c#? i want to make a game. please! please!
While you’re at it, your majesty, anything else you want? Learning to make a game is a long process, and learning is something only you can do. While we can help you out here and there, you need to take the initiative in thinking and looking up information. No one will spoon feed you anything. If you need to be spoon fed, programming is not for you.

The GDwiki, forum FAQs, and in general, browsing through the forum posts will net you an incredible amount of information. This means you need to sit down, set aside some time, and read the information out there. Countless beginners have learned to make a game by themselves. You can too. Just, start reading.

EDIT: There’s nothing wrong with not knowing information. No one is born enlightened. But you need to put some effort into what you do. Make proper posts with proper English. Read proper information. Ask proper questions. Programming a game is nothing like playing a game. It’s not sit back and relax.
i know how to do some things but not all lets just start over in this coversation. Hi im matt im using c# as my program XNA to create my game. Can i use a better program? I know some codes.
Hey, relax people. :)

How much do you know already, zxxfuzionxxz? Have you made some programs before? In what language, and what kind of programs?
Create-ivity - a game development blog Mouseover for more information.
Quote:Original post by zxxfuzionxxz
i know how to do some things but not all lets just start over in this coversation. Hi im matt im using c# as my program XNA to create my game. Can i use a better program? I know some codes.

Any of these links ought to suit you.

If you need more help than that, perhaps you might get better responses than the above if you were a bit more specific. What exactly are you trying to do, that you are having trouble with?

Is it designing the code of your game, and figuring out how to code it?
Is it a particular feature or part of your game you are stuck on?
Are you having trouble figuring how your game's pieces should fit together?
Is it something specific to C#? (If so, I don't know C#, and can't be of help, but these other gentlemen might be able to)

If you haven't finished a game before, start on something small! It's better to create a small game that you are able to finish, then some huge game that is never released.
ok i want to create a shooting game. I want to have characters in blender to put on XNA but were to get the characters?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement