Exisled - XBox 360 Community Game written with XNA

Started by
4 comments, last by Ravyne 15 years, 4 months ago
I'm happy to announce that my game, Exisled, has been released and is up for sale on the Microsoft Marketplace. Exisled is a top-down shooter (3D) and is best described as a mix between Desert Strike and Geometry Wars (as per a player who bought it.) You can find more info at my site at: www.GamerOutfit.com You can find official info for the game to buy at: Microsoft Marketplace Thanks!

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

Advertisement
Looks really nice. Was the gameplay video on the site sped up, or is that representative of actual speed of play?

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

Quote:Original post by Ravyne
Looks really nice. Was the gameplay video on the site sped up, or is that representative of actual speed of play?

It's real-time. What you are probably referencing though is the afterburner effect which is turned on in a few of the sequences. You can fly very very fast when the afterburner is active. This is not the way you normally play it 70% of the time though (unless you are a speed freak.) Watch closely and you can see the difference between afterburner speed and normal.

Thanks for the nice comments!

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

You'll have to let us all know how the process of becoming a community game works out, and how many sales you see, etc. I'm sure I'm one of many that would be interested in seeing what the process and payoff are.

I've recently commited myself to persuing iPhone/iPod Touch game development due the approachability of the app store -- The community games store would certainly be worthwhile as well if it produces a decent return.

Perhaps you could write an article for the site after some time.

Quote:Original post by Ravyne
You'll have to let us all know how the process of becoming a community game works out, and how many sales you see, etc. I'm sure I'm one of many that would be interested in seeing what the process and payoff are.

I've recently commited myself to persuing iPhone/iPod Touch game development due the approachability of the app store -- The community games store would certainly be worthwhile as well if it produces a decent return.

Perhaps you could write an article for the site after some time.

I may just do that (write an article that is.)

My first project was actually an app for the iPhone. The game I wrote there is called WallZ. I released it about 7 weeks ago and so far I've been seeing about 10 sales a week (selling it for 99 cents.) I haven't had any negative reviews about it (all positive so far,) it's just hard to get noticed in the sea of apps out there.

I can tell you right away that you are approaching a VERY crowded market on the iPhone. I believe at last count there are over 2000 games on there now. Compare that to XBLCG and it's 40 or so.

Yes, I realize that trying to get noticed amongst 2000 mediocre iPhone games will be tough -- something akin to climbing to the top of a mountain made of shit :) So my focus there is really to concentrate on concepts and genres that either have not been done at all, or have not been done well. That's the fuel -- having that recognized and publicized is the necessary spark I believe I will need to stand above the crowd.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement