I got my First Professional Dev job!

Started by
7 comments, last by DevFred 15 years, 4 months ago
Hey! I got my first professional programming job, and I just wanted to say Thank you all who help me with my resume on here months ago, and I now see hard work, professional suggestions from the pro's and determination really pay off. So Thank you all! Now, what I do at my job. I'm a C# developer at www.ntara.com and I work in ASP.Net, C#, SQL developing their websites. I've only been working for 2 weeks, but I see now how much harder it truly is, how difficult meeting a deadline can be, and how important it is. It's like it went from having fun something I do on in my spare-time to we're counting on you to be a good teammate to get this done. Again, thank you all. And if you can give me any pointers to make me shine, what to do if I do run into a brickwall there, and how I can stay one up on competition please feel free to give me your suggestions and comments, for the help I have received here with my skills is the reason why I think I got the job. Thank you again!
Advertisement
Congrats! It's a good feeling, isn't it?

My suggestion is to strive to be part of the team. A team player is a lot more useful/high regarded than a lone wolf in the game industry.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Congrats man!
congrats,

I too hope to post one of these posts someday just as soon as I've finished university :)

good luck in you new job
Congratulations!

Quote:Original post by aleisterbukowski
And if you can give me any pointers to make me shine, what to do if I do run into a brickwall there, and how I can stay one up on competition please feel free to give me your suggestions and comments, for the help I have received here with my skills is the reason why I think I got the job.

Don't worry about brick walls, firewalls is where it's at!

Besides the obvious "work hard", "be a good team member" and "go easy on the caffeine", keep yourself informed about the latest developments in your field by reading books, articles, blog posts etc. That way you'll be able to provide valuable input at team meetings and can suggest solutions to problems without reinventing The Wheel™. From the sound of it, you already have the ability to teach yourself new tricks, so that shouldn't be a new thing to you.
CONGRATS!!!! WAY TO GO!

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Congratulations =).
Thanks to all for the replies! Sorry I haven't checked up on this lately, but I've been busy.
Quote:Original post by zer0wolf
My suggestion is to strive to be part of the team.

">Indeed :-)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement