• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ghost0

Pathfinding with line segment boundaries

This topic is 3594 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I was working on a pathfinding algorithm that works for line segment boundaries. It was working well until I noticed that it wont work if the line segments are intersecting somehow. I need: I need to write a pathfinding function that takes in a start point, an end point, and a player's radius. Local boundaries can be loaded from an array. Boundaries can only be line segments. I want something like that, it can be a little less accurate with the curvy rotation around the corner

Advertisement
Hi!

I would solve this in the movement phase instead, simly make the agent turn in that manner.
It doesnt make sense to make the pathfinder smooth it like that - it's up to the presentation of the path.

Just my two cents, thou. :)

/Robert

Do you have a graph or something that constitutes movable locations, or can the "user" move from any point to any other point of which nothing other then a starting point, ending point and walls are defined (meaning you have no connection from point A and point B).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!