About 3ds Max X File Export

Started by
2 comments, last by dehseth 15 years, 4 months ago
Hey ppl, I am kinda new on directx. Lets say I have a sphere on 3ds max 2008, and it has a meterial map (umm like fallout in green). When I export it as X file using panda plugin and open it with dx viewer or in my directx c++ app, it it's pure white with no reflection refraction etc.. I have seen .fx file export also but dunno much about it... so how can I export the meterial and meterial map and also load and show it in my dx app? thank you all..
MCA
Advertisement
unfortunately mate, Microsoft's xfile viewer in DX9 isn't as good as the older one (which was in the DX7 i believe).

if it's also like that when trying to view it through compilation, you must try to attach the texture on the object by using the Material Viewer in 3DS MAX 9 (press M in application). Hope that helps.
What also helps is not using the buildin exporter or the Panda exporter that comes with the DirectX SDK. They both suck royally on complex scenes. Instead have a look for the kwXPort plugin. We use it for our purposes, and it's quite reliable.
----------
Gonna try that "Indie" stuff I keep hearing about. Let's start with Splatter.
hey guys,

i can export and texture image (bmp, jpg) with no error. But I cannot export if I paint my object to gray, yellow green any color. it's just do not export as colored vertex. i am wondering how can i export color reflection and refraction values with .x exporter. if it is not possible how can i implement color, refraction, reflection etc..?

thank you all..
MCA

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement