Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
RedReaper132

My first game in C++ SDL

This topic is 3597 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Well finaly done with my first game. It isn't anything special and I didn't have realy much trouble making it, but i have done it because I needed some start in graphics and event handling. The game is made in 5 hours and the graphics are from a friend because the old graphics sucked. The game is a simple Slot machine simulation. If you want to see how a someones bad first game looks like than please try it: This is the link: http://rapidshare.com/files/167936863/Slot_Robber.rar Also read the readme for 1 instruction...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Works for me. Congrats!

Might be nice to have a refill button or key so you don't have the restart the application when you run out of coins. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by WanMaster
Works for me. Congrats!

Might be nice to have a refill button or key so you don't have the restart the application when you run out of coins. ;)


Thanks. Yea i know but in i didn't bother with that. If you run out of cash in real life you go home :P:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by RedReaper132
Quote:
Original post by WanMaster
Works for me. Congrats!

Might be nice to have a refill button or key so you don't have the restart the application when you run out of coins. ;)


Thanks. Yea i know but in i didn't bother with that. If you run out of cash in real life you go home :P:P

Heh, good point. I guess it's called a robber for a reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by WanMaster
Quote:
Original post by RedReaper132
Quote:
Original post by WanMaster
Works for me. Congrats!

Might be nice to have a refill button or key so you don't have the restart the application when you run out of coins. ;)


Thanks. Yea i know but in i didn't bother with that. If you run out of cash in real life you go home :P:P

Heh, good point. I guess it's called a robber for a reason.


Yea. I got a special idea for the game to be able to punch the machine but i didn't implement it. I yust left robber for a nice name :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by francoispress
Good old SQL. I think it's a much better library than Allegro. Good job!


Yep good old school. And SDL is much better than Allegro I agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by francoispress
Good old SQL. I think it's a much better library than Allegro. Good job!


select * 
from posts
where comment contains 'SQL';
;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by phresnel
Quote:
Original post by francoispress
Good old SQL. I think it's a much better library than Allegro. Good job!


select * 
from posts
where comment contains 'SQL';
;)


SDL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nice little game mate :). Congratulations on finishing one, that happens quite rarely for me!

Just out of curiosity, is it completely random, or is it biased to lose?

Just an observation: I know its probably just a learning step so you didn't have 'consumer ease' in mind (which is fair enough), but using an .mp3 instead of .wav cuts the project size by about 75%.

Nice work :)
M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!