• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
JasonBaldwin

Extreme Ed - My first game:)

This topic is 3606 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Its my first game that I've ever made:). Its called Extreme Ed. It's very similar to Dangerous Dave(that old DOS game). It's not entirely done. All thats left is to design the AI, finish all the level design and improve a bit on some of the textures. Heres the link: Extreme Ed Controls: Left, right, up and down arrows for movement. Space is to shoot weapon and enter is to use a jetpack. The aim is to collect the keys and progress to the next level. Please give it a try and let me know what you think could be improved on. Thanks

Advertisement
Sorry man the exe start file doesnt work. Says something about an application error.. not sure why. Im running Windows XP if that means anything. I checked out the game textures, which look pretty good. Too bad it didnt work :(

Quote:
Original post by RedReaper132
Realy nice game for a start. How long are you working on it?

I've just self taught myself c++ so it's taken me about a year with about 3 or 4 total re-writes.

Quote:
Original post by leif_dragon
Sorry man the exe start file doesnt work. Says something about an application error.. not sure why. Im running Windows XP if that means anything. I checked out the game textures, which look pretty good. Too bad it didnt work :(

Ah...i read somewhere that distributing exe's made with visual studio can be quite
a challenge. Something to do with they way the CRT is linked or something but im not 100% sure. If you really want it to work try downloading the visual studio 2008 redistributable

Heres the link
its only 1.7mb

Cool game.

You might want to add a simple deceleration to your jumps to make them more realistic.

If you want to distribute your game to people without visual studio. Then goto project properties->c++->code genereation->runtime libraries. Change these to not use dll's.

Quote:
Original post by SillyCowYou might want to add a simple deceleration to your jumps to make them more realistic.

Thats a good idea thanks

Quote:
Original post by SillyCow
If you want to distribute your game to people without visual studio. Then goto project properties->c++->code genereation->runtime libraries. Change these to not use dll's.

Thanks that will make life a lot easier

Haha got it to work. Not bad at all, I liked the smooth clipping and the 2D graphics are done nicely. Would be nice to add sound and a level selector though :P

Quote:
Original post by leif_dragon
Haha got it to work. Not bad at all, I liked the smooth clipping and the 2D graphics are done nicely. Would be nice to add sound and a level selector though :P

Thanks, i was actually planning sound but i forgot to list it here. I think i should also make the main menu a bit better looking aswell. What do you mean by a level selector though?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!