• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
KanTeH

Speeding up debugmode in VC

This topic is 3666 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello GDEV :) , I have something what u would call a hobbygameengine with a gui (which causes alone many diffrent classes) and im fine with it :). Well i counted about 140 classes in my project and that seems to be a heavyload for VC.. The PreCompilesHeader is about 18 mb and the obj files are about 7 m. Im getting problems to use the debugmode and so im searching ways to speed it up. Two major problems i have.. I have to wait about 1-2 minutes to get a debugrun started and a new problem is that itdont stop on some breakpoints ( im sure it does run the code because i see the result of the code and if i set them earlyer i can reach the code also.(With that i have also a minor problem takes long for every step to go.)). So what can i do ? Is there any update for Vc 9.0 which makes use of a dualcore during building? Well i have thought about to bring parts of it into lib-files, but i started a rusty try and that open up many problems (multidefinitions and so on). What can i do ? Pls help :) Thx KanT

Advertisement
Hey,
is jsut searched this forum for something like this and i found a advice to remove the watch-variables.... i also removed the breakpoints and errrr well :)
worked for me ;)

SRY SOLVED :P

KanTeH

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!