• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
CProgrammer

engine to show off meshes

This topic is 3665 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a bunch of meshes that I want to place inside an indoor environment, with some fountains, nice reflective ground etc. Now I don't have time to create an entire demo with all these features so what Im looking for is a quick to use engine that basically lets me load textured meshes, position them and push them into the engine. The engine should then make it simply look beautiful, i.e. reflections, bump mapping or parallax, water effects etc. etc. Im sure these things exist so does anyone have a recommendation, something quick to get into, free and either in C++ or C#. Thanks. -CProgrammer

Advertisement
Why not use one of the numerous open-source rendering engines out there? You could be up and running pretty quickly, provided that you have your models ready (with all extra textures and data). Basic effects like bump-mapping should be provided in most engines these days. Just check what the engine supports.

Ive never used a third party engine. So far Ive done all my projects from the ground up but this time I need the time save, especially since Id like to have numerous effects. So Im really just asking for a recommendation, advice. Ive heard of Ogre, but Im not sure how light weight, easy to setup it is, given that I want nothing more than was mentioned in my OP.
Thanks for any suggestions.

-CProgrammer

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!