Client/Server Client/Client Connection

Started by
12 comments, last by Tano_ITA 15 years, 4 months ago
Hi, i'm working on a 3D Chat (WINSOCK and C++) and i need to know some suggest about a Public Chat and a Private Chat. For Example: In public chat i can send all message to server and the server send this messages to all client connected. And there i've no problem. The problem is when i try to connect two client for a private chat. In a private chat the messages don't will go to the server, but the messages are sended directly to another client. So i've implemented a thread for a "little server" into the client. But i've some problem with the port. I need to know where i can learn something about this tecnique. Thanks a lot. And sorry for my bad english!
Advertisement
NAT punch-through.
You could just have a flag in the packet (if its private) and only send that message to the correct person instead of broadcasting it to everyone else.

Edit: All of which would pass through the server.
my blog contains ramblings and what I am up to programming wise.
Quote:Original post by Imgelling
You could just have a flag in the packet (if its private) and only send that message to the correct person instead of broadcasting it to everyone else.

Edit: All of which would pass through the server.

Yes ok, that's work fine. But i need a peer to peer connection to send data like WebCam Streaming or Audio streaming. So i can't use the server to send this data type.
I've another problem: When i try so send multiple message to all client connected to my Server, i lost some messages. I use a structure like this:

for(itl = m_SClient.begin(); itl != m_SClient.end(); ++itl)	{		iStat = send(sRecSocket, msg.c_str() , msg.size()+1, 0);		cout<<iStat<<"\n";	}
If it is UDP is normal to drop some packets once in a while.
And... if you send it like this, in a for loop, and you are using udp, you probalby is using more bandwith than you have avaliable, it causes more packets to be drop than the usual.
How can i fix it? Any suggest? thanks a lot.
Quote:Original post by Tano_ITA
I've another problem: When i try so send multiple message to all client connected to my Server, i lost some messages. I use a structure like this:

TCP or UDP? Blocking or non-blocking?

TCP, blocking. With a thread for every clients.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement