Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
O-san

Trouble executing program after compilation

This topic is 3665 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Hello! I am trying to transfer my msvc project to Code::Blocks. The compilation and linking goes through without any errors but when I try to run the executable I get a pop-up saying: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application." No other error messages shows. I have googled for answers and have found a few sources that might be the cause of the problem but none of them has helped me. At one place they talk about it being a conflict between different redist dll's and at another place they say it has to do with microsoft office. Well, I am a little bit confused at how to tackle this problem. My project compiles and runs fine in MSVC :/ Any help appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
It's almost impossible for us to say unless someone else recently had this exact same problem doing the exact same thing...

Failure-to-initialize errors almost always mean a DLL "missing".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822520 . This link might help u...


BTW i used to recieve the same goddamn error while i used to run my code in DEBUG mode (For a simulation tool named VEGA PRIME) and i was using VC8.

I installed the SP1 update for VC8.Restarted the Machine. Then it worked fine.

Hope it helps...



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks! I looked in the event log and it seems that this is the case. The strange thing is that my executable is dependent on Microsoft.VC80.CRT, when my project is compiled with GNU GCC...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Problem solved. My GNU GCC compiler didn't like my lua51.dll. I downloaded lib files from lua.org which were compiled for GCC, it fixed the error :) thanks everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!