• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Portishead

[C#]Math.Sin() is wrong?

This topic is 3608 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Math.Sin(30) suppose to give 0.5, but when I did it, it gave me a negative number. What's wrong with it? Math.Sinh() is the same as SHIFT SinX in a caculator?

Advertisement
Since there are Pi radians per 180 degrees, you need to multiply the argument of sin by Math.PI/180.

e.g. Math.Sin(30 * Math.PI/180) is sin of 30 degrees.

edit: I just saw your question about Math.Sinh: sinh is hyperbolic sin. Just like sin gives the y-component of the angle parameterization of the curve x^2+y^2=1, sinh gives the y-component corresponding to an angle-like parameterization of the hyperbolic curve x^2-y^2=1

You can find more on wikipedia if you're interested: Hyperbolic Sin

Oh, wow, haven't got there in math yet.

Is there a function to get X from SinX? [Like doing SHIFT SinX in a calculator(not the computer one)]

Quote:
Original post by Portishead
Oh, wow, haven't got there in math yet.

Is there a function to get X from SinX? [Like doing SHIFT SinX in a calculator(not the computer one)]

Math.Asin, if I understood your question correctly.

You have b = Sin(X), and you want to know what X is, right?
Then X = Math.Asin(b), it's the inverse sine function (sin-1)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!