gluUnProject4

Started by
6 comments, last by sfx81 15 years, 4 months ago
Hi All. I am newbie to openGL and using microsoft visual studio 2005 pro, and windows vista. I am using gluUnProject4(...), but compiler is complaining of unknown identifier. Looking at c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\gl\glu.h, its not defined there and only contains gluUnProject(...). How can I upgrade my opengl to 2.1, as looking at opengl.org there is nothing like download link. Any help will be appreciated. Regards Kazz
Advertisement
Is this what you're looking for?

http://files.filefront.com/glutNglzip/;9933808;/fileinfo.html

There is an installer for OpenGL 2 and it also contains the glut library.
Quote:Original post by sfx81
How can I upgrade my opengl to 2.1, as looking at opengl.org there is nothing like download link.
Newer version of OpenGL are provided in driver updates by the manufacturer of your GPU (usually NVidia, ATI or Intel), check their site for updates.

However, I don't think GL 2.1 will help you with this particular problem, as GLU versions aren't connected to GL versions. You need GLU 1.3 or greater for gluUnProject4(), but unfortunately this is rare, and the only system I know off hand to support it is recent versions of Mac OS X.

What are you trying to accomplish that can't be done with the normal gluUnProject?

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Thankyou for reply. I have installed it, but looking at C:\OGLSDK\include\gl\glu.h, it has'nt got any declaration for
gluUnProject4(...).
Quote:
What are you trying to accomplish that can't be done with the normal gluUnProject?

I was going through totorial in OpenGL programming Guide. And to perform picking in 3D world, it says to use gluUnProject4(...) if the glDepthRange is greater then 1.0f.
It is extremely rare to use glDepthRange at all. Are you under the impression that if your far and near clipping planes are more than one unit away from each other, your window depth range is greater than one? If so, that's not the case.
You can download GLU 1.3 as part of mesa. Full source code of GLU is included. gluUnProject4 is defined in Mesa-7.2/src/glu/sgi/libutil/project.c .
Thankyou every one very much for quick responses.
I really appreciate it.
Regards

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement