• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Genesiiis

[web] Use CSS to control other elements

This topic is 3661 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, I was wondering if using CSS say when you hover over a link, it can be used to control the styles of other elements. Obviously you could do that using javascript, but I wanted to know if it was possible as I have never come across anything to suggest you could, thanks guys :D

Advertisement
Thanks Karan, lol thought as much, oh well, yeh I think I have used the jQuery library before as well, thanks for the reply Karan :D

Thanks jbadams, you know what I was just doing my own little experiments in using selectors in that exact way last night after I posted the thread, thanks for that :D, could I ask then is it possible to use as long a string of elements in a decedent selector for example using the following code :

<tag_1>
<tag_2 id="yes">
<tag_5 class="no">
<tag_6 id="maybe">
</tag_6>
</tag_5>
</tag_2>
<tag_3>
</tag_3>
</tag_1>

tag_1 tag_2#yes tag_5.no tag_6#maybe {
CSS...
}

would the CSS style correctly set the style for tag_6 or is there a finite number of elements that can be used in a selector :D

Thanks guys :D

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!