Extracting .SWF files text

Started by
0 comments, last by Mad_Coder 15 years, 4 months ago
I am taking a Networking Course that has e-learning flash module lessons as part of the course shown here, but the blue tabs which if you look carefully at the image again near the right side can be clicked and one tab title "more about", opens up some tabs as shown with more information which I want to be able to automatically extract. I thought for a while and downloaded a plug in for Firefox allowing me to easily download the .swf files for this lesson which I linked to able to be downloaded; they are The Lesson</a? which is the lesson movie you watch and THE Interface - Tabs & Navigation Buttons etc. which is self explained to be the side tabs and the play stop pause mute etc buttons. I realize that .swf files are the final product to be presented to people and is just viewable and the user interface is turned off and the Action Script is not given, but is there anyway i can decompile it to view the action script to write a program to read the script and copy and past the sections with the more about content how it is formated?
Advertisement
I think I found a way to decompile it, though I don't know yet how I can format the text the way it is ( not sure how to deal with the way AS formats it to the way it would for .txt etc files with tables etc...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement