• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
turel777

OpenGL Texture Coordiantes for a gluPartialDisk

This topic is 3612 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm new to OpenGL and trying to create a track for a racing game as part of a peice of coursework. My track has been broken down into sections and I'm having trouble applying textures to the bends in the track. The curved pieces of my track are created using gluPartialDisk, due to this I dont know how to define the texture coordinates. I tried using gluQuadricTexture but this didnt get the desired effect. The track peices each use the same texture image: a straight piece of a scalextric slot-car track. This works fine on straight track sections but usign the above method on my curved track pieces resulted in jsut part of the texture beign pasted linearly over the piece, like it had been cut otu with a cookie-cutter. Does anyone know how I can defien the point manually? or some other way that I can make the texture curve with the track? Thanks for your time.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!